Welcome to my practice!
Providing a safe and supportive place to make healthy changes.My name is Katerina Renny and I am a Registered Psychologist providing Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) for both adults and adolescents in the MD of Foothills, Alberta. I also provide Prolonged Exposure (PE) and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), as well as couples counselling.
My approach to therapy and life tends to be an optimistic one. I believe in the human potential for growth and change, and my main goal in working with individuals is to help you create and build a life that you value, a life that has meaning, and aligns with your long-term goals. Often difficult emotions, impulsive behaviors, grief or loss, current stressors, or past traumas get in the way of meeting your full potential or experiencing life to its fullest. In therapy I provide a supportive place to discuss and assess the challenges that have brought you to seek counselling, and offer helpful interventions and skills along the way.
Professionally I have a Master of Science in Counselling Psychology through the University of Calgary and I am a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists. I have been working as a Dialectical Behaviour Therapist in Calgary since 2015 at a specialized program providing individual DBT therapy and group skills training to individuals diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Although I currently primarily utilize Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Prolonged Exposure and Accelerated Resolution Therapy, I am also clinically trained in Solution Focused Therapy and Narrative Therapy, as well as have experience helping individuals with addictions. I started my career working in addictions where I practiced as an addictions therapist for over 14 years. I have always wanted to be a Dialectical Behavior Therapist and when I completed my Master Degree I began working in this area.
I have lived and worked in Calgary most of my adult life. In 2018 my husband of 25 years, my adult children and I moved to the beautiful County of Foothills. This, as well as my desire to practice psychology in the area, has been a life long goal of mine. A primary goal of Dialectical Behavior Therapy is to help individuals “create a life worth living”, and as a psychologist in the Foothills, I hope to meet with you to help you build yours.
- Master of Science in Counselling Psychology – University of Calgary
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Foundational Training – The Linehan Institute Behavioral Tech
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Manual Study – AHS Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program
- DBT Skills Part I: Distress Tolerance and Personal Effectiveness – Alex Chapman Workshop
- DBT Skills Part II: Mindfulness and Emotional Regulation – Alex Chapman Workshop
- Intensive Training in the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Prolonged Exposure Protocol for PTSD - The Linehan Institute Behavioral Tech
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy - Rosenzweig Center for Rapid Recovery
- New Developments in the Treatment of Complex Trauma: Mindfulness, Affect Regulation and Processing – Social Work Professional Development, University of Calgary
- Couples Counselling: Theory and Practice Essentials - Social Work Professional Development, University of Calgary
- College of Alberta Psychologists (registration number 5108)
- Psychologists’ Association of Alberta (membership number 10106)